Thursday, December 14, 2006

Citizen 'Cane'

SASSETTE's ADVENTURES CHRISTMAS TREE SHOPPING:

My brother, sister and I all pile out of my brother's truck (where they made me ride in the pull-out jump seat in the back - since I am the smallest) at this garden shop that looks like a log cabin.

They are selling all manner of Christmas flora and fauna, and had a lovely, rustic front porch with a life-sized Santa in a rocking chair.

Just as we are almost directly in front of the Santa "doll" - he moves.

I am in the middle of telling my sister, "blah, blah, oh, look they have a life-size Sant - OhMyGod! It's a REAL Santa!!

(Sassette disclaimer: I adore the legend of Santa and usually finagle some lap-time even now, if I see one)

So, I run up to Santa and breathlessly say, "Hi Santa!" and put my hand out to shake his hand.

He peers at me quizzically over his cute little glasses and says "Well, hello there. Do you still believe?"

I, of course, respond, "Absolutely!"

Still looking at me funny, he inquires if I have been a good girl; to which I naturally reply, "Definitely."

(Xen Disclaimer: "Yeah, RIIIIGHT" That depends on what the definition if 'IS' is ... Just sayin')
(Sassatte: Shut up)


He gives me one more strange look, then smiles and offers me a candy cane and wishes me Merry Christmas.

I run triumphantly back to brother and sister (who watched this whole scene) brandishing my candy cane.

They are staring at me with their mouths open.

I am all like, "WHAT?"

My brother tells me I am too cute or something, and my sister tells me that Santa appears to think that I am mentally handicapped and that she and my brother probably appear to be my parents.

She is dying laughing.

I am devastated.
Sis is hysterical.
Bro is amused.
Santa continues to eyeball me the entire time I am at the tree place.

Then as we go to leave, as I am trying to climb into the back of the truck and into the stupid jump-seat; I slip and fall out of the truck.

My sister catches me by the ass and shoves me into the back.

I look out of my window and see to my horror that Santa saw the whole thing.

(Xen: Well, after all - He KNOWS when you've been sleeping ... AND he knows when you've been at the Christmas tree shop without your helmet)
(Sassette: Shut it, I said)

THE END

No comments: