Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Xen is a DOLT...

Last night, for the 'ahem' (insert a large number here, roughly equivalent to "a shitload")th time, I watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas".
I am always amazed at how they were able to put all that manual drawing work into the thousands and thousands of frames necessary to make a mere 20+ minutes of cartoon come to life ~ and that it has lasted as a viable Christmas story for all these years. I've often wondered if it will last after all of our generation is gone.

In the mean time, it's still a great story and is full of excellent cartoon comedy.

"Max" the dog RULES!
But - and here's the part where I am a TOTAL idiot - I don't think that I ever knew that the song "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" was done by Thurl Ravenscroft (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thurl_Ravenscroft), who is known the world over as the voice of tony the Tiger. How can I have lived all this time and not known that? Did I grow up in a BOX?
And I also never knew that Cindy Lou Who's voice was provided by June Foray (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_Foray), who did the voices for Rocky Squirrel (I'm sorry.. Rocket J. Squirrel) and Natasha Fatale.
I have apparently just been returned to earth by aliens. Which would explain a lot.
Like, did you also know that they have these ALREADY COOKED DINNERS all packed in tin foil (that used to be called Alcoa Wrap - heh, I'm way up on this technology thing) and you just put 'em in the gas oven for a while and they're ready to eat?
This is incredible stuff....

No comments: