Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Re-Affirming the Grand Pooh-Bah

Xen:
So as I was out running, they were having the governor's inauguration at the state house. As part of it they had a military fly-over with the RI National Guard. There were 3 huge helicopters in formation and then two major aircraft, that were probably C-130's from what I could see. they banked over the state house lawn at a slow cruising speed as there was a multiple gun salute down on the ground.

As I was running by one of the buildings at Brown University, this construction guy was working out of the back of his truck. He sees me coming and says ... in all seriousness .... "Hey. Did you see those planes? Did they really bomb?" And I mean it when I say there was a level of fear in his expression.

I was like .."Yeah, it was pretty cool ... Wait. No, it was a fly-over for the governor's inauguration!"
He was greatly relieved.

Sassette:
Heh. I can only IMAGINE how much this cost.

No comments: